This natural body scrub recipe will leave your skin feeling revitalised and refreshed. Exfoliating your body with sea salt removes dead skin cells which is often beneficial after a summer holiday, especially if you are returning to a dry climate after the nourishing humidity of the Seychelles. Coconut oil is one of nature’s best moisturisers and will hydrate the newly-exposed fresh skin cells, while the fragrance of lemongrass will leave you feeling refreshed.
- 1 Cup of sea salt (or brown sugar if you prefer a more delicate scrub)
- ½ Cup of coconut oil (or another carrier oil if you prefer something more neutral)
- 1 Fresh stick of lemongrass
- 10 Drops lemongrass essential oil (use more or less according to your preference)*
- 1 Sterilised Jar
- Bruise the fresh lemongrass stick using the back of a knife to release the fragrance and oils. Then blitz in a blender until finely chopped.
- Add the salt and fresh lemongrass into the jar and stir in the coconut oil. The texture should be moist enough to hold the ingredients together, but not overly oily.
- Should you wish to intensify the lemongrass fragrance, you can add the essential oil a few drops at a time, until you are happy with the strength.
- Use a spoon to scoop out the scrub as required, massage into your skin and rinse off with fresh warm water. Use the scrub sparingly (once a week) for soft, smooth skin. Be careful when getting out as this may leave your bath/shower slippery.
*It is not recommended to use essential oils if you are pregnant.